Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeGrossman
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Total Newbie: 6 Months in Photos w/the NEX5-N
Nov 27, 2012

Hello, long time reader (well... 6 months!) of the forums and this is my first post. I'm a 26 year old entrepreneur/computer geek/pilot that stumbled into the world of Photography. I've never really had an interest in photography until smart phones started coming out with somewhat decent cameras. That's when I started taking pictures during my adventures and realized I had an interested photography. I did a little bit of researched and settled on NEX for it's size and new (or at least new to me) mirror less technology. (not to mention it's sexy looks) Armed with David Busch's Book on the NEX and all the eMount lenses I could get my hands on, I started taking pictures. I felt I should post a sample of my shots for the past 6 months so others looking to purchase an NEX can see what it can do for them right out of the box with almost zero know-how or prior experience. Most all of these shots where taken on some type of scene setting, full auto, or almost auto (aside from the lighting shots… that took a bit of experimenting!) I know I am no where the potential of this camera, so I hope in the next 6 months and can learn more about photography and really see what this little camera can do!

I look forward to hearing your comments!

Here are the pictures.

MikeGrossman's gear list:MikeGrossman's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow