Started Nov 27, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cspsound
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
White background appears grey
Nov 27, 2012

Still trying to learn my D7000 and still have lots of questions!!!!!

Yesterday, I took a number of experimental shots (a red phone cord lying on a white background). The white background (an artists white canvas lying on the floor) was well lit from above using 5600K lights.

The shots were all taken using auto focus, auto exposure, etc and in the view finder everything appeared to be correct, but on later viewing the photos, the white background appears to be grey.

I have attached a sample image to show the grey colour.

Can anyone explain why the background is grey --- especially when using the auto mode when taking the photos.

DSC_0120.jpg

I am not concerned about the picture quality only the grey background and I did not undertake a WB as I thought that this was part of the auto mode when taking the photo. the shot was taken by half pressing the shutter release butto to ensure that everything was OK then continuing to fully press the button.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow