Opinions Requested: SEL35F18 or LA-EA2 plus SAL35F18?

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rogatsby
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?
Opinions Requested: SEL35F18 or LA-EA2 plus SAL35F18?
Nov 27, 2012

Hello, like many of you, I am looking into purchasing the upcoming Sony 35mm f1.8 e-mount lens. However, I am also wondering whether getting the LA-EA2 adapter and using the 35mm 1.8 A-mount lens with my Nex-5N.

Obviously, the native e-mount lens will be a lighter and smaller solution, but presumably using the LA-EA2 adapter will provide faster and more accurate PDAF focusing. To those with experience using the LA-EA2 adapter, is the AF speed noticeably faster than the Nex CDAF? Is the size and weight with this adapter plus the SAL35F18 lens really burdensome?

According to my calculations, the price difference between the SEL35F18 and the LA-EA2 + SAL35F18 is negligible where I live. Obviously, it's possible that the image quality may be inherently different in the 2 lenses, but based on samples I have seen so far on the web, there does not appear to be a noticeable difference in output or IQ.

Any comments and input would be greatly appreciated.

rogatsby's gear list:rogatsby's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +3 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow