I want value, not salesmanship Is the Olympus OM-D E-M5 possibly the best value for my dollar?

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paper1p
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
I want value, not salesmanship Is the Olympus OM-D E-M5 possibly the best value for my dollar?
Nov 27, 2012

I am retired and i've never purchased a camera that does more than my six year old Finepix S5000.  I know it isn't anything to write home about but, it has served me well for the money, expended.

I want to purchase a camera with interchangeble lenses and eventually purchase a used telephoto lense so that I can get closeups of birds that frequent my backyard.

Now, I am contemplating spending more money than I probably should but, I've shopped stats for weeks and it appears that the OM-D E-M5 is what I want.   I salivate when I read the customer reviews.  What drives me crazy is that the marketers of cameras have the release of "new technology" timed to maximize their profits (no, it's not a dirty word) and I am having a hard time justifying spending this much money for a camera when, in a year or two, they will offer twice as much camera for the same amount invested.

Since this will be the last camera that I ever purchase, is there anything else out there right now that is comparable.

I like the size and the lab pics really impressed me.

Thanks for any input.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix S500 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow