Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VladimirV
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659
Like?
What happened to the forum?
Nov 26, 2012

Have not posted or read much recently due to work and travels, also to be honest I got bored of gear talk in a way. Since getting the GXR A12-M, I am not really bothered by anything that came out or got announced because nothing has been announced that would be better for me than what I have.

Nonetheless, looking at the first page of this it see most discussions are about what Ricoh has not announced, what they could/should announce or people moving to other systems since the camera they used so far does not meet their needs anymore or it meets them but Ricoh does not offer any more gadgets to add to the collection.

Well, I was disappointed to see and hear nothing from Ricoh at Photokina and think they kind of missed a good opportunity to show people which direction they are taking. Then the 7 year GRD meetup in Japan had nothing new to tell other than the GRD line is not discontinued and there will be a new GRD but not before next year.

There will not be anything before next year is my guess but considering that Ricoh never really had roadmaps and once they announced a camera it was only a few weeks before you could buy it. In this respect I think they could announce something new tomorrow and have it out before Christmas and it would not be unusual.

All this does not matter though since despite their cameras being outdated by today's standards, they are not worse off than Leica and like Leica their cameras still work and work well.

It's good to see that some people still post pictures with Ricoh cameras though.

In the end it does not matter what camera people use and Ricoh is not the only company out there so it's good to look around and buy whatever works. The main thing is to find a camera that works for one and use it till it either falls apart or there is something way better out there. I have all 4 GRDs here and still think the first is the best and only one which allows me to take the kind of pictures I want, this despite it being completely outdated in every way possible.

So in short, just use whatever works for you and don't feel bad about abandoning any brand, the most important is the pictures you get and not the camera you use to get them.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow