Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nor70
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?
Another “duplicate image finding software” question
Nov 26, 2012

On a pc running windows 7, I have finally got round to duplicating, onto a separate large drive, my Lightroom 4 catalogue which is approaching 300 gigabytes in size

I have done this to enable me remove all duplicate images from the catalogue and to take as much time as is necessary to conduct a thoroughly detailed search to find them, lastly to enable me to continue to use Lightroom with the original catalogue whilst this process is taking place

I hope to find software that will find all duplicate images where these images may be of various files types - NEF, JPEG, TIFF,PNG, GIF,PSDetc

Obviously this software has no need to be able to compare anything other than images, not video etc

The software would need to compare the file content in detail and not rely on the file name to find duplicates

On completion of the catalogue search, when the software presents a list of duplicates, it would be helpful to see a comparison of these duplicates; this might include a picture of the duplicates and certainly the file details

Finally a selection of options as to how the duplicates are dealt with

I’ve read various letters here discussing similar software but none seems to be exactly what I am looking for

Please can someone tell me of the name of any software that can fulfil these specific requirements?

Thanks for any input

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow