New camera for 10-year old?

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roelandt
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Re: New camera for 10-year old?
In reply to Kevdog, Nov 26, 2012

Nice to hear that others are anxious to find out what's been going on.

Well, to be honest, nothing much really. Mostly due to a flu-bug that's been keeping the kids quite unhappy over the last week. They're both sniffling away and can't really be 'bothered' for anything other than their mothers' attention and assorted medicine: hot chocolate and the occasional painkiller.

In thre meantime I've been hunting for a PL2, but they're not easy to find over here (the Netherlands). P1's and PL1's are not that difficult to find, but they have the 'lesser' kit-lens on board.

Also, I've been curious if any surprise deals would show up over this weekend, but no dice. Saw a Ligtning Deal for a Pana G3 @ £250 flash by, about one hour after expiration.......

It would be so easy to order a PL2 from Cameta, only to get stung by the import duty, with the luck I'm having lately..

Other models haven't really made the shortlist, after handling them. PM-series is too small; PL3 likewise; haven't seem the PL5 irl yet and the P2 and P3 are still quite pricey (for the intended purpose, that is).

There is one guy I've been trying to get a hold of with the right combination, I guess: PL2 with 14-42 II, a Canon FD-m43 adapter, 50 1.8 and a 24. Sounds like the perfect startingpoint. With that gear she can go full-auto or start 'playing'

Now I only need to get him to pick up his phone and make the deal.

In all: the stroy continues.....

Roelandt's gear list:Roelandt's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow