Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leif Goodwin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,390Gear list
Like?
D800 versus D600
Nov 26, 2012

At some stage I will buy one of the above cameras. I will use it a fair bit in DX mode as I do a lot of macro work. So, in terms of DX mode, were I to print at A4, would I see any difference between prints taken with either camera? My guess is that the 10MP from the D600 is more than enough, but maybe someone with experience can add insight.

As for other features, well I tend to use manual focus, and I do not print big, so either camera would be fine for FX shooting. I prefer the build of the D800, but the D600 is probably good enough, and the square viewfinder surround is better as it is easier to fit a right angle finder. The D800 has the annoying screw thread connector around the eyepiece.

-- hide signature --

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow