Bac Nguyen - On the street

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
joseluisherranz
Regular MemberPosts: 421Gear list
Like?
Re: Bac Nguyen - On the street
In reply to VicC, Nov 26, 2012

VicC wrote:

You need to decide what the picture is about? The girl, the red banner or the tower?

I suggest the girl, cut most of the rest away. Vic

Why has he to decide between the three ?

He says, "on the street", so probably he has already decided.

The picture shows the girl, the banner and the tower "on the street". Why cut off any ?

Perhaps it is not a portrait but a street candid, anyway people photography, on the street.

I think the picture might be about vertical framing, thus the girl, the banner and the tower offer the same vertical aspect. Sharpness could be better, but composition makes a lot of sense.

In this way, the picture succeeds to enphasize this vertical and ascendant flow, helping a lot the low angle shoot.

See, it is equally easy to criticize a picture than to praise it. It takes the same effort as smiling or frowning.

The OP is posting for the first time, so I think it is not necessary to scare him and send him apart to somewhere else.

We have to encourage him to post more pics, comment them and help him to learn. But with positive feedback.

Only my opinion.

Good pic BAC.

joseluisherranz's gear list:joseluisherranz's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow