Re: Lightroom Settings for D800E RAW files
In reply to Doublehelix, Nov 26, 2012

Doublehelix wrote:

gomoku wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

• Clarity: 11
  • Vibrance: 0
  • Saturation: 0

Interesting that you also bump up clarity by default. I will look into this myself.

Be careful with Clarity! It is like a drug, and once you start using it, you will want more, more more!!!

Seriously, Clarity works on some things, but not as well on others, especially portraits where it can sometimes bring out too much clarity and tends to be less than flattering, especially on female portraits.

Otherwise, I am all about more cowbell and more clarity!

Hi again.

So far I find that only moderate settings of clarity is recommendable but I will not set this by efault. Anything above 10-15 seem to morph the image into something at least I don't want. I prefer subtle rendering and once you get the D800 RAW files perfect (tripod, shutter delay, primes, f/5.6 etc.) they stand out as otherworldly and I find post-processing them too much in Lightroom easily destroys that.

Less is more.

gomoku's gear list:gomoku's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow