Sigma 30mm f1.4 and da 70mm, or Sigma 24-70mm?

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cane
Senior MemberPosts: 3,577
Like?
Sigma 30mm f1.4 and da 70mm, or Sigma 24-70mm?
Nov 26, 2012

I am looking at the zoom range of the sigma 24-70mm f2.8, using both ends of the focal range the most, shooting mostly family/toddler shots, indoor and out. I need faster glass than what I have for indoor and a little longer reach than the 18-55mm kit lens for outdoor. For about the same price, I can get the Sigma 30mm f1.4 and the da 70mm f2.4 (used).

I currently have the da 15mm and the Sigma 10-20 for UWA, the da 35 macro, but nothing longer and nothing fast. I just bought the k-01 this weekend and give it a run, and have a k-r (may dump it for k-30 though)

I like the ease of use of carrying one 24-70mm zoom that has me covered without much fuss, but I like the smaller size of the da 70mm (the 30mm is not so small, but smaller than the zoom). Do I want to carry the bigger 24-70mm (not a fan of bigger lenses so much but I can adapt) or do I want to change lenses and carry two lenses for a lighter camera? The zoom gives me a little more flex inside where weight doesn't matter, but it's not as fast as the 30mm. The zoom may be more flexible for video as well.

What would you choose, or do you have better suggestions? Anyone have a shot of the Sigma 30mm on a k-01?

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow