GH3 EVF smearing?

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
John Dyke
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
Re: GH3 EVF smearing?
In reply to chasfox, Nov 26, 2012

First, let me say that Ian is NOT a troll.

I handled a GH3 a few days ago and the very first thing that hapened was that I had a problem with the EVF. My first reaction was that someone had been playing around with the diopter wheel but after setting this to my own eye, I still found the EVF to be uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seems the best word to describe it.

The camera I tried was a Panasonic demo kit model...came with the new lenses, the microphone etc.  so perhaps was not a true production model: perhaps the problem has been solved for the model that will soon be on the shelves.

Apart from my discomfort with the EVF, I thought the GH3 was ergonomically superb and and My God! did those new lenses focus fast! Instantaneous might be a better word.

I should add that I have a patchy macular degeneration problem which may have exagerated my troubles with the EVF but Ian is right...there is somethinghere which is very different from the GH2 and G5 viewfinders.      JD

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow