What do the camera companies need to do to reverse fortunes?

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
caterpillar
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,559
Like?
On support
In reply to caterpillar, Nov 26, 2012

I thought I'd have an EDIT but it seems I don't have one or they removed that option. I left the Support part. Let me address that here.

Customer support is fine. But it isĀ  not the end all. In fact, any TQM practitioner will tell you that if possible, you'd don't want to have one. Not because it is an added cost and a nuisance, but because having none or very little of it, means your products require very little after sales support because they work well and have very little problems. Of course, that ideal is almost impossible to achieve. So, you have customer support.

But even on an even capability, or even more superior support for the camera company, an excellent support is nothing if there are no buyers for the product. It's like saying your black and white TV has excellent support. But if the market is so small and profit so little, then, bragging about an excellent customer support is meaningless.

Going back to the phone vs camera company issue, there is another option for the camera company. Since they are good at making cameras, they can either partner or sell their camera tech to the phone companies. Sooner or later, once people get a taste for a phone with a good camera, then we'll enter a stage where IQ and a good camera will get more play. There is a point where phone makers are going to need more help. Who else can give that but the camera makers? Camera makers may not make cell phones with cameras, but one day, phone makers will need better cameras to compete amongst themselves. Sensors, lenses, processors, are well developed by some electronic companies like Canon or Sony.

-- hide signature --

-------------------- - Caterpillar 'Always in the process of changing, growing, and transforming.'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow