ISO performance of D5100 and D7000?????

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Questions thread
phiri
Contributing MemberPosts: 967Gear list
Like?
Re: ISO performance of D5100 and D7000?????
In reply to paintballnsk, Nov 26, 2012

paintballnsk wrote:

alnylam wrote:

I spoke with a camera dealer this morning who stated exactly that: same sensor in the two cameras - in his opinion one of the top 3 sensors ever made (apparently this is Sony electronics originally). He claimed both cameras offer top results even at ISO 6400, even in not great light conditions.

Really?

I just bought my D7000 and I'm fairly disappointed with the light performance. I try to keep my ISO under 1600. Anything over 2000 or so is really noisy. This is my first DSLR. Is this really one of the best we can expect in this price range? Bummer.

I was kind of hoping I could upgrade the sensor in it. Does any know if you can?

I think it depends on how even the light is. If you have many deep shadows, it can be challenging but then not only to D7000 but even many FF cameras. But if you have even lighting and you nail the exposure, the results are not so bad. This is one I took yesterday while experimenting with autoISO in manual mode. I must say Iam really impressed with auto ISO.

Well the exif is intact but this ISO 5000. The light was low but even and that was advantageous.

phiri's gear list:phiri's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow