Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aufinger
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Why the .5s?
Nov 26, 2012

My entry in "I Spy: Lovers" received three .5s.  It's my understanding that a .5 is for entries that don't meet a challenge or the lowest score for the poorest pictures.  As far as meeting the challenge, my picture was taken from a distance without the couple's knowledge.  And as far as the subjects being in love, just look at the young lady's expression in the enlarged insert.  Holding hands or hugging is not a prerequisite for displaying love.  I can accept the fact that the picture wasn't considered all that good from the lack of high votes, but why the three .5s?  Not meeting the challenge -or- for a poor picture?

Now the actual point of my post.  A vote of .5 should not mean more than one thing.  Either the picture did not meet the challenge or it's a bad picture, not both.  A submitter to a challenge deserves to know the a results of the voting without second guessing them.   I think that votes suggesting a photo does not meet the challenge should not be used in tabulating scores.  It should only serve as a flag to the host for the host to DQ the picture if warranted.  Actually, I believe photos clearly not meeting the challenge should be gone before voting begins.  Once voting begins, voters should be voting on the quality of the photos only.

Larry G.

aufinger's gear list:aufinger's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow