Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Colorado CJ
Regular MemberPosts: 484
Like?
Elk, Mule Deer and Whitetails from the Last Few Weeks -- D600, 300mm F4
Nov 26, 2012

Hello everyone. Here are a few wildlife shots from the last couple of weeks. Some elk, mulies and whitetails. All shot with my Nikon D600 and Nikkor 300mm F4 lens.

I took my time getting close to this Mulie Buck, slowly working my way closer in.

I eventually got to within 25 feet or so of him. He got so used to me that he took a little nap right in front of me.

A juvenile doe in the small herd

These last few were taken out in the plains around some juniper breaks

As I was slowly walking up to these two juvenile mule deer, they kept looking out to the north east. When I got a little closer, I found out what they were looking at. Two large coyotes were hidden in the grass stalking the deer. Looks like I ruined their chance at these two mulies. You can see one of the coyotes running through the grass in the center-right of this shot.

Lastly a couple of whitetail does

That's it for now. I have a lot from the past couple of weeks, but these are some of the better ones.

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow