Cloning a SSD Drive?

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Timzee
Contributing MemberPosts: 848
Like?
Re: Cloning a SSD Drive?
In reply to Manne, Nov 26, 2012

Manne wrote:

Did not have any issues with CS5 swapping drives back and fourth. I did a complete re-install of everything including CS5. Before I cleaned the old drive, I deactivated CS5 under the "Help"

section. Re-installed CS5 on the new system, activated and done. As long as you don't re-install PS you should be O.K. Just the same it doesn't hurt to deactivate, to be on the safe side. Deactivation will not shut down the program.

Office 2010 is a different kettle of fish. Every time you swap drive or make a change to your system you are up for re-activation. It sucks big time.

Cheers

-- hide signature --

Manne
from Wasaga Beach, Ontario CA
mmphoto.zenfolio.com

Right-- deactivation being the key. However the last time I had to restore a cloned C drive, the original drive was dead and I was unable to do this. I de/re-activated Adobe Master Suite several times to upgrade a HD or whole computer system.

I did have a problem w/ MSOffice awhile back when reinstalling, but a phone call got things back and running. They need to talk to Adobe to learn how to implement a better activation system! Although I've heard numerous people complain about Adobe as well...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow