D300s - Cool weather experiment, and a question

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
n057
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,161Gear list
Like?
Re: D300s - Cool weather experiment, and a question
In reply to apaflo, Nov 26, 2012

apaflo wrote:

I have used UFRAW on Linux for years, and I am very satisfied with it. I don't know if Bibble still does, but originally it used the code from DCRAW, and hence was exactly the same in terms of the raw conversion as UFRAW. Of course it isn't the resulting RGB output that makes a difference anyway, really it is the user interface that counts. I'm very much inclined to use a variety of shell scripts for many things, and ufraw-batch lends itself to that very nicely. Non-programmers may not be as impressed...

Now that it is a Corel product, I am not sure exactly how they do it.  I also used UFRAW before using Bibble, and also lots of scripts, until one day I used the wrong target for dd,  which I realized in an ohnosecond. Took me a week to recover the data, so now whenever I can use a GUI, I gladly pay for it

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow