Favorite photo editing software, other than LR?

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Questions thread
Desert Cruiser
Regular MemberPosts: 340Gear list
Like?
Re: Favorite photo editing software, other than LR?
In reply to lucksp, Nov 25, 2012

lucksp wrote:

What's your photo editing/cataloging software of choice? is LR the "only" choice? I'm not a huge post-prod guy, but the basics are important.

-- hide signature --

Having used all the software's mentioned here, I've got to tell you --- the fastest, easiest to use is Corel's software. Lightroom has some nice sliders for controlling colors, etc. but the catalogue feature is terrible. Like most of Adobe's softwares their programmers made almost everything hard to get at and learn, why? Because if it's hard to learn and it cost more it's got to be better, right? Wrong. They are constantly trying to catch up with Corel's programmers. Years ago you had to pay Adobe for a Photo Album feature, remember that? It was free with Corel's software. And it's still the best way to "Manage" your photos in folders on your PC or in external hard drives. It's fast and easy to learn. Even their After Shot Pro is much faster. And you can still use Topaz Labs plug-ins with the PaintShop Pro. Their latest version is on sale for less than $30 for a short time. It just amazes me that more people don't use it. Once you do you'll be spoiled.

Don't take my word for it, they have a free 30 day trial, and we have a quick, review of just how fast this program can correct, enhance, etc. your photos.

http://www.in-the-desert.com/coreladvantage.html

Don......

-- hide signature --

http://www.in-the-desert.com/
"A picture is worth a thousand words"
"Some pictures leave you speechless"

Desert Cruiser's gear list:Desert Cruiser's gear list
Canon EOS M Sony SLT-A58 Pentax K-500
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GIMPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow