Need some CC on a few shots - Thank you

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 902Gear list
Like?
Re: Need some CC on a few shots - Thank you
In reply to Jeff Peterman, Nov 25, 2012

I'd like to see what lightroom can do with this one.  The sand is tough without losing the water and sky

Jeff Peterman wrote:

First, buy and learn how to use Lightroom! It will let you get the JPGs to look as good as the RAW files - in fact, you should be able to get them better as you can recover detail in the highlights and in the shadows. Second, understand color spaces/printer profiles. Third, by the tools to calibrate your monitor (the Colorvision Spyder 4 Pro will cost you less than $200).

With a calibrated monitor and a better understanding of color spaces/profiles, you'll see a huge improvement in the look of your final images.

Finally, buy a backup lens - maybe something like the Canon 18-200mm. While the latter isn't a great lens, stopped down in bright light is is OK, and could work as a backup for either of your lenses. Plus, you could leave that on your 60D for time when you quickly needed something wider /longer than the lens on your 7D.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com
http://i.pbase.com/t4/89/46889/4/143706232.M9mg6pc5.jpg

Jeff, Thank you. I'm looking into Lightroom based on your advice. And.... another lens to backup my 200 2.8L, 17-552.8 and 50 1.8.

Thank you!!!

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlsoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow