Advice please ...buy Nikon 135mm f/2 AF DC now OR wait for Nikon 135mm f/1.8 ?

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
wnpoc
Regular MemberPosts: 103Gear list
Like?
Re: Some advice from someone who actually owns and uses the 135mm f/2 DC
In reply to primeshooter, Nov 25, 2012

primeshooter wrote:

wnpoc wrote:

noerager wrote:

I have been looking for this lens for pretty long time. Every time I found one I was not sure if it was the right lens. How would it work with a D800 when I bought this camera in near future? How with front and rear focus? I had read that this could be a problem, and what if Nikon brought a new 135mm on the market?

Last month I dropped all my concerns found a nice 1 ½ years old 135mm f/2D used and bought it for approx 940,- And it's really a nice lens, very solid built and with an autofocus which is much faster than I expected.

Most of the test pictures that I have made until how have been at f/2 in a very rainy Düsseldorf that I visited last week and I don't think that front or back focus is a big issue on my copy, but this I will have to test one of the next days.

So I can only recommend others to forget all the worries and find the lens at the right price and buy it now.

Regards Jan

please share us some of your pics

You said you bought it though, right? How are you finding it?

i have not received it yet ,  i ordered it overseas , expecting to get in in a couple of two weeks more , definitely i well let you know ?

wnpoc's gear list:wnpoc's gear list
Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow