ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AnakChan
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
GX1 - where do I go from here?
Nov 25, 2012

Hi all,

I've had the GX1 for almost a year now and prior to that I had the GF1. My lens collection is limited to only the 20/1.7 & 14/2.5. Aside from m4/3, I have larger setups (D800E with a suite of lenses, and Leica M9, again with a suite of primes).

I've come to the point that I'm somewhat disappointed with the performance of the GX1 primarily in terms of focus lock performance, and flash is somewhat limited. With the flash I could buy an external flash I guess, however at this point I wonder if I should further accessorise my GX1 or consider switching to something else like the Olympus OMD (and accessorise that instead).

I'm also open to other suggestions such as mirrorless APS-C systems but large apertures is a "must" for me (as such having only 2xprimes for my m4/3). And of course compact size. In fact I'm travelling tomorrow for 2 weeks and I'm leaving my D800E/M9 system home and going only with the GX1. As such I'm looking for something similar to that size or thereabouts.

Any suggestions/opinions one could recommend? Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow