Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gaze
Contributing MemberPosts: 627
Like?
LX8 coming soon??
Nov 25, 2012

Could these nice prices for the LX7 be an omen for a LX8 to be released next year?  Yeah, I know, it's supposed to be every 2 years for a new Panasonic model right?  In these economic hard times competition is getting fierce fighting for every dollar.  Is the Sony RX100 taking away sales from the Panasonic LX7?

I look at the Apple iPad 3 (the new iPad) which came out last March.  [ Apple usually waits at least a year for the next generation iPad]  Well guess what?  Apple broke that rule and came out with the iPad 4 just a few months later (6 months later I think?) with a faster iPad due to competition.  Apple wanted to remain top dog.

Could the same happen with the Panasonic LX7?  The LX7 already has a fantastic lens, now all they need is to combine it with a larger sensor like the Sony RX100.  Isn't this where the competition is leading?  I really don't know if Panasonic has plans for a bigger sensor for this camera but where else can they go?

Of course I'm just speculating but am I making any sense?  It would not surprise me to see a LX8 next year.  But, for the time being, I'm sticking with my LX5.

Only the strong survive in these economic times.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow