New FX Landscape lens collection

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Questions thread
downtowndave
Regular MemberPosts: 408Gear list
Like?
Re: New FX Landscape lens collection
In reply to Nicholas Sharpe, Nov 25, 2012

I would love to. I am working till monday morning but will post some soon.

I know that it is not the sharpest lens out there, but it is hardly a bad lens. I brought it and the nikon 50 1.8 to the dominican republic in january with the family and my old D70. I found it to be a great walk around lens and the 2.8 is nice to have when the light is low. Now with the D800 I am enjoying just how wide it is (never fully appreciated on the D70).

It continues to be my walk around lens, especially when I am out with the kids at the local park or science centre. The really nice thing is that if I find the shot is too wide with the 20mm, the D800 allows me to crop as I need. I find the colours and the contrast to be just right (for me anyways) and yes, it is a little soft in the corners.

I also have a sigma 24-70 2.8 (the old 82mm, non hsm model) which gives me a nice focal range, is also great in low light and is plenty sharp for me. The problem is that it is a giant compared to the nikon 20.

I wish you luck in your search for the "right" lens for you.

downtowndave's gear list:downtowndave's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D70 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow