Is my new X E-1 silver parts plastic?????

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
abelits
Contributing MemberPosts: 677Gear list
Like?
Re: Silver is for sissies.
In reply to John M Roberts, Nov 25, 2012

John M Roberts wrote:

EricWN wrote:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_e1/features/page_03.html

"Beautiful Magnesium Die-Cast Top and Front Cover - Stylish Yet Strong".

Cheers,

Eric.

Their selling point between black and silver is hilarious.

"Black

The black X-E1 allows the subject to forget about the camera and is therefore optimal for reportage work.

Silver

The silver X-E1's refined design and feel stands out among the X series and is great for casual occasions. It's perfect for women and the younger generation."

Now days I find it hard to believe that black is really stealth and silver... oh it brings out the feminine attributes of my character.

It looks like people's perception of cameras reversed when giant, plastic, all-black SLRs and little silver point-and shoot cameras became popular. I am not sure how well it really works with cameras of different sizes. My X-Pro 1 is black, but not big enough, and I carry it in a brown half-case, so it's not perceived as a "serious" camera by people who don't know what it is. For X-E1 it should be even better regardless of the color.

abelits's gear list:abelits's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Epson Stylus Photo R3000 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow