How can I improve my picture

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Questions thread
Olyroo
Regular MemberPosts: 317Gear list
Like?
Re: Latest attempt
In reply to markintosh13, Nov 25, 2012

Thanks very much for your comments and I agree with what you had to say. I shot quite a few and those three were my picks. With regard to the high ISO I slipped up a bit there. I was shooting in Aperture priority just having a play with my depth of field and forgot that my ISO ceiling had been set to 3200. My intention was to bring the rose more into focus and as I had the label on the bottle as my point of focus I thought that by closing down the Aperture I would get better depth of field but may have over done it. As for the lighting problem...well I was outside on our patio with a glass topped out door table and a couple of sheets of black cardboard for props. Perhaps if I had put up some sort of screen behind me I may have been able to cut down on the reflection but then my ambient light would have suffered. i might have another go indoors with a remote flash but then that just adds to the number of elements I will have to master ....big learning curve for me but very challenging.:-)

Olyroo's gear list:Olyroo's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow