Taking still pictures while shooting video with SX50

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rich Calsada
Regular MemberPosts: 438Gear list
Like?
Re: Taking still pictures while shooting video with SX50
In reply to Virhua, Nov 25, 2012

Virhua wrote:

I am strongly considering purchasing the SX50. Has anyone tried taking still pictures while shooting video? I looked at the manual online and it said that this was possible but did not say how many megapixels the still pictures would be. Also, the manual stated that when still images are recorded during movie recording, a black screen and shutter sound would be included in the movie. Has anyone seen this, it sounds like it would be annoying.

I have seen the black screen and yes it could be annoying. Here is a still sooc from a video. The beginning of the video can be found on flickr here,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52977519@N00/8120152556/in/set-72157631845654889/

I cut the video right about the time still was taken, so you won't see the blackout. Video was simulating what the focus lock button does. Video and therefore still was taken at full zoom and 2x TC +2400, so quality of still could probably be better if not at such an extreme zoom.

size of still 1.8 mp.

Rich Calsada's gear list:Rich Calsada's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Kodak EasyShare Z990 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow