Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fulcanelli
Regular MemberPosts: 348
Like?
Kudos to Fujifilm for the HS30
Nov 25, 2012

A Fuji Finepix S5000 was my first 'real' digital camera. With it I began documenting the decay in Detroit. When I opened the box, I did not realize immediately that I had a defective camera. Someone in a forum convinced me it was the battery. (I was brand new to digital photography.) By the time I caught on, and after a few trips back to Fuji for repair, that camera never did function as it was supposed to. I did get some decent photos, however.

Then I tried the HS10, mostly for the manual zoom. It was decent at first but then about the time the warranty was wearing thin I began having issues with the camera not firing shots intermittently.

The only reason I tried Fuji again was, again, the manual zoom. I bought the HS30. And I must say it is really an incredible camera for the money. I'm getting shots with it that would have been blurring messes with the earlier cameras, including many of the other cameras I have owned (Minolta, a number of Canons, Lumix, etc.) Perhaps Fuji developed new technology with their much heralded X10 and X100 and used some of that technology in the HS30.

I really love this camera and it continues to deliver everything I could have wanted for a camera in this price range.

I have quite a few HS30 shots up at my Flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tooloose-letrek/

FujiFilm FinePix HS10 (FinePix HS11) Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon Coolpix S500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow