Hate to admit it, but I have the AF issue. Going to make a case with Nikon. Any advice?

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
rplst8
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: left/right AF asymmetry
In reply to olyflyer, Nov 24, 2012

olyflyer wrote:

rplst8 wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

rplst8 wrote:

You weren't trying to help. You were saying a target with symmetry is a poor target. Nikon doesn't say that at all.

What Nikon is saying is very clear to me, but not seems to be so clear for everyone with AF issues.

Show me where Nikon says anything about "symmetry".

Read page 100 and tell me what you think about it...

Anyway, didn't you say "Case closed"? I definitely said that I couldn't care less because I don't have any problems and that I am just trying to help. Now you "reopen" a cold case and start again the same circle. If you don't understand what is pretty clear on page 100 that is certainly not my problem, take it up with Nikon.

I understand that it never mentions the word "symmetry".  A repeating pattern and symmetry are very different things.  Not at all similar.  Nikon is clear in their meanings there but some have used the information on page 100 to misconstrue what constitutes a "good target" and continually muddy the issue of folks with focusing problems on their D800s.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow