Why I'm not waiting for a D400

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cultured Vulture
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,666Gear list
Like?
Re: I agree
In reply to Ronan_M, Nov 24, 2012

You seem to assume that mirrorless will continue to improve and SLR's will stand still. The AF speed of SLR's can and will continue to improve. While it is possible for phase detection AF to continue to improve, so will contrast AF. Possibly in conjunction with phase. While a SLR can possibly combine the 2 technologies, a mirroless camera cannot. The only real advantage a mirroless camera has over a SLR is size. If the sensor size is comparable, then lens size negates a lot of that. Maybe someday an EVF will have the definition of a good mirror, but I doubt it. I also doubt they will make one with lag as fast as the speed of light.

One more point, the size of a larger sensor mirroless will be a disadvantage when trying to balance it on the end of any long lens.

-- hide signature --

Regards, JR

Cultured Vulture's gear list:Cultured Vulture's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF VR +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow