ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ara1
Regular MemberPosts: 144Gear list
Like?
Depression-era items photographed with the NEX-5N
Nov 24, 2012

Hi fellow NEXers,

A renovator discovered dozens of Depression-era household and personal items when tearing down a kitchen wall in Everett, MA. The objects had fallen from the unfinished attic, where the wall met the floor. He's given me exclusive access to the items, which I've photographed and have presented in my Americana photo card series. Take a look at all 7 cards, linked below.

I used my 5N with Sony's 50mm f/1.8. The challenge was to present the dozens of vintage items in groups of three themed photographs. Twenty-one photographs made the cut.

I'm researching the 1920's family and will write a full story on the subject. One of the discoveries was a pre-teen girl's purse, which was "live", meaning it contained various personal items such as a makeup case, address book with several friends from the street, play money, clipped coupons, and other objects. Most tantalizing is a strip of eight negatives, giving us a look at those who lived in the day.

Thank you for looking!

Direct link to the other photos: http://theliterateshow.wordpress.com/2012/11/18/depression-era-artifacts-discovered-in-home-renovation/

One of 7 photo greeting cards made from Depression-era items found in renovation.

Ara1's gear list:Ara1's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow