New Mac mini, dual 24" or single 27" monitor? Thoughts?

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoPhil007
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
New Mac mini, dual 24" or single 27" monitor? Thoughts?
Nov 24, 2012

I am due to receive my 2.6GHz quad core mini with fusion drive next week.

I have yet to select a display solution.  Right now Dell Canada has black Friday specials on two interesting monitors.  The U2412M is on sale for $249 and the U2711 is $679.

I have done a bit of reading and basically I am not too worried about the coating on the Dells (I think I can live with it, after all the glass on my iMac doesn't really bother me).  The 24" is not wide gamut but I don't think that bothers me much.  Basically it boils down to getting two U2412M or one U2711.  I use Lightroom for 95% of my image editing and as I said I am coming from a 5+ year old 24" iMac.

I also considered getting a refurb TB Display from Apple ($829) but from what I gather the Dell monitors seem like a superior offering (strictly speaking of image quality here, not the fact the the TB gives you extra ports, sound and camera).

Looking for advice/opinions.  The Dell sale ends in 28 hours so I have to be quick!

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow