What's the Lag Time for X-E1 and X-Pro1?

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John M Roberts
Senior MemberPosts: 1,458
Like?
What's the Lag Time for X-E1 and X-Pro1?
Nov 24, 2012

I tried getting this answered within other's threads with little replies. Maybe better if I highlight it here.

I'm concerned that going mirrorless may mean having to give up the necessary quicktime response to capture fleeting moments, lets say with human expression. I'm guessing that the process of giving an EVF display may increase the lag time to where these type of cameras are not suited to capturing that quick moment even if focus and exposure has been achieved previously. I also wonder when using the X-Pro1's OVF if the lag time is any different than its EVF. Maybe manual shooting might provide quicker results with either cameras.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from those well experienced with your cameras to offer up your impression and expectation of this characteristic especially when comparing to what you have been used to with your DSLR's.

Thanks

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow