5D3 deal at B&H

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Press Correspondent
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,344Gear list
Like?
PayPal sucks and men are afraid of their wives...
In reply to Gary H, Nov 24, 2012

Gary H wrote:

My wife was still asleep. I have two 580Ex II and can sell one 24-105 and probably my 1D MKIII. So, I transferred money to my personal bank account used for PayPal and pulled the trigger. Paypal refused to make the payment. Triggered a security alert given this is out of my purchasing pattern... the amount.. My bank tells me that PayPal never made the request and PayPal told me that I was out of luck. I would have to add money and wait for five days. I've never had this problem before, but this is probably my largest (attempted) EBay purchase. BTW.. Adorama customer service is only Monday-Thursday. Adorama just deletes the purchase when not paid for. Well, my wife is up now and I've nothing to explain to her. I guess that it all worked out after all. I've got at least four Canon DSLRs, a few lenses and six Canon ETTL strobes (420EX and 580EX EXII).. that I should sell first.. Then I haven't anything to explain to my wife and Canon will have a new camera out that uses their new generation sensor.. yet to be shown to the world... just thinking.

... so what's new?

Press Correspondent's gear list:Press Correspondent's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow