E-M5, E-PL5, E-PM2... or wait?

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 15,852Gear list
Like?
Re: Really, you should have just gotten....
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Nov 24, 2012

Kim Letkeman wrote:

tedolf wrote:

djst wrote:

Follow-up: I went ahead and ordered the E-M5 yesterday. I've been going back and forth for such a long time now, and I even read yesterday on 43rumors.com that there will likely be a new PEN E-P5 announced in early 2013 that I will probably want badly once I've seen it. But ultimately I decided that I want a camera today, not in a year from now, so I went with what I think seems like the best options.

This will give me a chance to evaluate the usefulness (for me) of having a built-in EVF, plus I'll get to enjoy the supposedly amazing 5-axis stabilization. And ultimately, if I sell it within a few months from now in Sweden (picking this up from the US), I probably won't make much of a loss either since they currently sell for the equiv of 1350 USD (body only).

Bottom line: it felt like it was worth it in the end -- but I might still "upgrade" (sidegrade?) to the E-P5 if it's essentially an E-M5 in a more compact rangefinder-styled body.

-- hide signature --

David Tenser
My equipment: http://djst.org/camera/ | My photos: http://flickr.com/photos/djst/

a $129.00 E-pl1 refurb body and a pancake lens to see if this u 4/3 thing is right for you. Dumping $1400.00 on something you are not sure you really want just doesn't make any sense. Tedolph

You think someone whop throws that kind of money around on a whim is looking for a bargain?

Good point.

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
cr@pNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow