Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
samcarnell
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Nikon D7000 dust specks on the sensor
Nov 24, 2012

I recently read an article, in DPReview, about Nikon's D600 having dust specks on the sensor coming from inside the camera for no apparent reason.  I have had the same problem with a Nikon D7000.  If I had changed lens it would be understandable, but I haven't changed lenses so the specks had to come from inside the camera.

I had to have help from my camera store in cleaning the sensor.  It took two passes using cleaning swabs to get the sensor completely clean.  There were at least a dozen specks staying in exactly the same location as though glued to the sensor.  I had used the camera's cleaning system and a blower several times to no avail.

Has anyone else had the same problem with the D7000?  If so, how did the cleaning work and has it had to be cleaned repeatedly?  Has anyone contacted Nikon about this issue and what if anything was their response?

Nikon D600 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow