How smooth is your OMD mount?

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mikeywcu
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: Depends on the lens
In reply to jharvey, Nov 24, 2012

jharvey wrote:

Like you, I was surprised on how tight the lens mount was when I first got my camera (coming from an E-510), but I notice now that -in my case at least- the tight mounts are the weather sealed mounts (the kit zoom and the MMF-3 adapter), with the friction probably coming from the sealing ring around the outside diameter of the mount. A non-sealed aftermarket adapter with a metal mount goes on much more like the 510, and the plastic-mounted 40-150 zoom glides on like it was greased.

(Of course, that tightness from the o-ring seal on the weatherproof mounts is also a reminder that with time, o-rings either wear down or are broken down - so those mounts probably won't be quite as weatherproof as the years go by.)

Interesting. It's definitely tighter with my 60mm macro, which is sealed. But it's still pretty tight with the 45mm, which isn't sealed.

At least I'm not alone on this one.

Mikeywcu's gear list:Mikeywcu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow