x-e1 focusing

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Questions thread
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,238Gear list
Like?
Re: x-e1 focusing
In reply to HighLowISO, Nov 24, 2012

HighLowISO wrote:

The OP is probably looking for something like the FTM on Canon SLRs with ring USM lenses. They allow AF to stay on the 1/2 press, but still fine-tune with manual focus.

It look like on the Fuji currently you have to which the focus mode to manual and use the reare button for AF. A lot of Canon shooters do this as well, prefering not to have AF on the 1/2 press ever. I should try this mode of shooting, but I never have just AF on 1/2 press to engrained in me. I do like the idea though, so I might try to train myself to do this It needs to become automatic to be useful.

I've always used the 2 button technique on my DX and FX Nikons - if you use it for a day it will become second nature and you'll never go back. I have the focus mode set to continuous but a single press and release of the AF-on button holds the focus distance or continuous hold maintains follow focus. This way one is always ready for either type of shot - I imagine the same setup is available on Canon DSLRs.

Vic

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow