Started Nov 24, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hiki08
Regular MemberPosts: 111
Like?
Any Canon DSLR users to X-E1?
Nov 24, 2012

I've been using Canon for some time now and need an update. Now I'm pondering whether to get a new Canon DSLR (looking at 6D, which is FF) or an X-E1. It probably sounds just as silly a question to you as it is to me, but I'm at a loss as to the comparison. You might call this a comparison between apple and oranges, but I am wondering whether the apple or the orange is sweeter, ignoring preferences for the taste of each fruit.

If both cameras took a photo of the same scene at the same time in a well-lit environment (e.g. daytime landscape/architecture/portraits), which would have a sharper image and more colour depth (sorry, colour depth might not be the best phrase..)?

When I say colour depth, what I have in mind is a photo comparison between the Canon's 35L on a 5D mk2 with a friend's Leica a while ago.. I recall that the difference in colour depth was astounding.. in the sense that the subject in the Leica photo jumped out at the audience so much more as a result of the colours or rendering of the image by the lens/camera generally (not depth of field). Would the X-E1 (other than having less pixels) have better/worse image clarity/sharpness and colour depth as the 6D (or any Canon 'enthusiast' DSLR in general)?

What I have in mind as an answer is that the DSLRs should be sharper (more pixels) but the colour rendering may be better on an XE1.. any opinions?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow