Investing a lot into NEX-F3, is it worth it?

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ShinyFace
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Investing a lot into NEX-F3, is it worth it?
Nov 24, 2012

I've already spent more than $1000 on the NEX-F3 with the 18-55, the 55-210, and the Sigma 30mm on the way.

However, I am finding myself in the position of needing to invest another $1000 because I need the EVF, which will add another $300, and the teleconverter at $350. Although not as "necessary," I am loving the sample shots that I see with the SEL50(1.8), they give a bokeh impossible with the kit lens. That's another $300.

Suddenly I'm thinking, $2000 already in the F3, wow, is this worth it? The NEX-F3 has an almost "toy" quality to it (it's good but not "that" good, it's no NEX7!) that makes me wonder if I should be diverting the funds going toward the new accessories toward a more powerful DSLR body that affords me more control to max my potential as a user. Yes, I'd have to learn but I already have to work hard to get the most out of the F3.

All the expenses incurred from the pricey EVF and additional lenses (total of $1000) could be channeled into a Canon or Nikon body plus one really good zoom lens for it. I would have a dedicated DSLR system for specific functions and use the Sony as a daily walkabout because of its size.

What do you think?

Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow