ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Auster Pilot
Contributing MemberPosts: 816Gear list
Like?
Nikon system for around £500?
Nov 24, 2012

Hi,

A friend of mine is thinking about getting a DSLR system. I'm a firm believer in the Pentax range as great quality/value for money, but I recognise that it's not for everyone and as my friend's daughter already has a Nikon system he may be better to go that way and possibly share lenses etc.

So my friend's budget is around £500 and he would preferably like a system that will give him a bit of telephoto capablity as well (he's a pilot like me and would like to take photos of planes).

He wants a viewfinder so he's not keen on the Pentax K-01 which is my latest acquisiition and he used to use a 35mm SLR so is reasonably happy with manual operation if needed.

I can put together a pentax package of K-30 + a reasonable quality Tamron or Sigma 18-200mm lens for around the £500. The K-30 has weather resistance and great high-ISO capabilities which I think he's quite keen on, but I'd like to suggest a Nikon alternative to him as well that may meet similar specs.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Neil....
The Sky is a Beautiful Place

Auster Pilot's gear list:Auster Pilot's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Samsung NX100 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Samsung NX1100 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow