7D 580ex trigger

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Questions thread
SeedyBee
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Re: 7D 580ex trigger
In reply to roger bourland, Nov 24, 2012

roger bourland wrote:

I have tested the yn622 with the 550ex and I can not get them to work in ettl, only in manual

If you place a YN-622C on the camera, and put the 550 on another 622 and lay them on a table, does it now work in ETTL? What about after doing a factory re-set of the flash?

Observations: The 622 works -only- in ETTL with FEC and ratio settings available. Manual is not available. This is when using the camera's flash control menus. You should not be touching any setting on the flash, other than to turn off Wireless mode.

Your softbox mounting system is ingenious, but blocks the LCD on the flash. One potential problem - the 622 is mounted on a shoe which looks as though it could short out one or more of the 4 extra pins. I would not consider usingthat shoe for the 622.

The 550 can in fact be used in manual and simply triggered by the 622. Change mode from ETTL to Manual on-flash, and set a power level. You will not be able to control it remotely. In fact, you will need to re-set that flash to ETTL if you want the camera to work with it in ETTL mode.

-- hide signature --

Clive

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow