Custom white balance for infrared to get BxW from camera.

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thakur Dalip Singh
Regular MemberPosts: 227Gear list
Like?
Custom white balance for infrared to get BxW from camera.
Nov 24, 2012

My camera Canon 5D MkII is 720nm converted for IR permanently. I shoot RAW. (As I read every where), I tried to do its custom white balance from green grass but still it gives me purple cast. I have tried other colours also for custom white balance= brown, black, white etc. but of no use. I want to get BxW direct from camera w/o any post processing as I was getting with my Fuji 9600/9100 with custom white balance from green grass. (Fuji was not converted permanently for IR but only its IR blocking filter was removed. Thus I was using 720nm filter in front of lens.) When contacted ACS for this they replied- "With a 720nm filter it is not possible to do black and white from the camera with custom white balance, but you can switch the camera to monochrome. This will give black and white images straight from the camera." If I shoot BxW direct in camera or I shoot color in camera and convert it later to BxW, will that make any difference to image quality? Pl advise -How can I get custom white balance adjusted which can deliver BxW direct from camera.

I got converted my Canon 5D MkII from ACS U.K. for 720nm Infrared (permanently) few months back. They have done great job for conversion. Its autofocusing (in IR w/o calibration) with 24-105L lens is so good I can shoot flying birds in focus with it. (Though this camera and lens are not meant for BIF). They delivered me camera before time as per my request w/o any extra charges. I am very happy with their service, no doubt it is expensive when compared to USA.

birdsofindia.com
landscapesofindia.com
truthisuniversal.com
THAKUR DALIP SINGH

Rivers

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow