All those who HATE flash photography say "I"

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gary Dean Mercer Clark
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,249Gear list
Like?
Re: All those who HATE flash photography say "I"
In reply to arie, Nov 24, 2012

arie wrote:

I've been doing a lot of photo shoots in various places and I'm never happy with flash photography so far. I've used variable flash levels and they all just seem really "snapshot" like, but then again, I'm using the raw, unfiltered on-camera flash, not a separate unit.

Maybe if I used a diffuse filter on the flash and/or a side mounted flash, it may look better/more professional?

-- hide signature --

1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. -MIB

I love flash photography.  It really adds to my portrait photography.  You might consider not pointing a flash directly at your subject, bouncing the flash, using any of the many different flash diffusers out there.  I happen to love Gary Fong's cloud diffuser and use it with a Metz flash.  I have other diffuser methods that I use as well.  On camera flash sucks big time. You can try a puffer or small clip on diffuser, but I doubt it will give you much better results than using an Metz flash or Sony Flash.  I'm partial to Metz.  Love em.

-- hide signature --

Gary Mercer

Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list:Gary Dean Mercer Clark's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow