Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fbwap
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Opinions on A57 Clear Image Zoom
Nov 24, 2012

I am building my A57 kit up. I bought a used 16-50mm zoom lens and I like it, except for the maximum focal length. I have been trying to decide whether to keep it. I have 'til 12/8 on this purchase.

Then last night, I remembered that my A57 has the Clear Image Zoom feature. I haven't tried it because I assumed it was a gimmick. I cranked it up to 2X and took a few pictures.

When I got home, I assumed that there would be something in the EXIF information to tell me which pictures I had used the Clear Image Zoom on. I did not find anything in the EXIF info, so I had to try to remember. The four or five that I took with the Clear Image Zoom looked pretty much like the others taken without it (indoors and with bounce flash). Not a very controlled test.

I think this is an A57 feature only....or maybe A37, also? This is not digital zoom. The BIONZ processor interpolates the missing data to get a full-size picture.

What are your opinions on image quality using the Clear Image Zoom?

Thanks in advance for your responses to my second question in one day.

fbwap's gear list:fbwap's gear list
Sony SLT-A57
Sony SLT-A37 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow