Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JeanR
Regular MemberPosts: 218
Like?
New Camera Blues- 7D vs 6D vs ???
Nov 23, 2012

I am looking to upgrade in the next few months. Currently, am using a 30D-my first and only DSLR to date. I know, I know, it is long in the tooth! I am a fairly advanced photographer.I shoot a lot, mostly outdoors.

Things I like about the 7D--weather proofing, 100% viewfinder, ability to wirelessly trigger external flash. What can I expect in terms of improved image quality over my 30D? How about low light performance? I have always been quite disappointed with night shots with the 30D--star trails, etc--but am pretty impressed at what can be done with LR4 noise reduction.

Actually, I had pretty much settled on the 7d being my next camera--THEN Canon had to muddy the waters with the 6D! A more affordable full frame! Also significantly lighter/smaller than the 5D line-- a plus for my small hands and neck issues. But I lose the 100% viewfinder and weatherproofing. Not sure about ability to trigger external flash. Also concerns about durability in general and shutter life specifically.

Or should I just break the bank and go for the 5D II or III, and get used to the heavier weight?

I do want to stay with Canon, so please no suggestions to switch to Nikon. Otherwise, am open to all feedback.

Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow