G12 $299 at B&H

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
rubicon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,630Gear list
Like?
Re: G12 $299 at B&H
In reply to Larry251, Nov 23, 2012

Hello;

I'm searching! I have been a Nikon shooter for 25 years, no problems with equipment, its me! I have come to the realization, I need to go lighter, I really don't care for Nikons compact cameras I have a S8100, its okay, I keep it in console of my Jeep.

I'm 66 and just can't keep going out with a heavy camera and multiple lenses and all the extra "stuff" I'm thinking a good compact camera and I feel Canon has the best on the market, I like the G12 and this price, I don't need a focal length of 800mm plus, I bought my wife the SX40 its fine but way more focal than I need nor want.

I think the focal length would be just right and the LCD, so my question is what do you like and do not like, what do you feel its shotrcomings are.

My friend has a G15, and I think its a great package but not to sure on spending that much.

I also like the GX1 but I'd have to start selling off SLR equipment, and I don't want to do that --- just yet.

If you would like to pass on some comments, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks to you all.

Rubicon:

rubicon's gear list:rubicon's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow