Re: 5D-D600-D800
In reply to qianp2k, Nov 23, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

MayaTlab0 wrote:

MrDip wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

meland wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

the 5D3 still lags....as it does in build quality.

?

One example...a lens on the D800 mounts on a metal mount. The 5D3 mounts to a metal ring.. .that is itself mounted to plastic. I prefer all metal...not plastic toys.

This is a photo of the 5D3 magnesium alloy body, the plastic is where exactly?

Inside : the mount is screwed onto plastic : http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/04/5d-iii-strip-tease

I believe, on the D800, that it's screwed directly onto the magnesium internal frame.

Obviously, it doesn't mean that it's any less strong than a D800. Only proper testing could possibly determine that.

I tried both D800 and 5D3 in recent PhotoPlus Expo in NYC. 5D3 fits my hands noticeably more comfortable with deeper grid that is much more meaningful and important to me.

I only have one concern is 5D3 weather sealing. I am eager to learn any 5D3 news in the Antarctica, the place I plan to visit in a few years.

BTW, I just bought a 5D3 at $2500, speical Black Friday deal in US that has gone with total 500 units sold.

-- hide signature --

I've drenched mine with a 24-70 in heavy rain a few times without any problems, have not been to Antarctica yet

MrDip's gear list:MrDip's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow