Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Julian Kirkness
Regular MemberPosts: 266Gear list
Like?
EM-5 / M4/3 vs DSLRs...
Nov 23, 2012

I wonder whether anyone else has this feeling...

I am fortunate in that I have been able to upgrade my M4/3 system this year from an E-P3 and now have an E-M5/12-50/20/45 f1.8 and 75 f1.8 system whict I love.

Having decided earlier in the year to begin the process of turning my hobby of 35 years into a profession I have also bought a 5D Mk iii and 3 L series zooms - and it's funny but I just can't bring myself to like it despite being a Canon user since the first EOS came out about 25 years ago - and it's not just the size / weight.

Somehow, I feel that when I have my Oly in my hands that I have an artistic and inspiring tool for producing pictures - whilst the Canon is simply a highly efficient machine for recording what it's pointed at. And I don't know why!!

Does anyone else feel the same - or have any other comments?

-- hide signature --
 Julian Kirkness's gear list:Julian Kirkness's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-P3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow