received X-E1 and 18-55 ; you need something tested?

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
mpilon
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Re: received X-E1 and 18-55 ; you need something tested?
In reply to MiWo, Nov 23, 2012

MiWo wrote:

mpilon wrote:

I have theses available, 2 pictures at 200 iso and 2 pictures at 3200 iso

I will try to do same test outside.

The focus is faster on the x-e1 18-55 combo but the x-100 is not bad at all. In low light I did not perceived differences.

Also, there should be differences but I did not notice them as far as writing, operating and menu speed. This means to me that , except under very critical conditions, both should please most users.

Both cameras are a pleasure to use.

If I was using only one focal length I would use the x100.

You may have a better IQ with certain combo (x-E1 as a base)

Hope this help. As a foot note I put the x100 for sale but if money was no object, I would keep it.

Marc

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/ma_muse

Thanks for the feedback. So far I only had the chance to try out a X100 and was quite pleased with the operational speed. As to the X-E1 I only read reviews, stating it's slow. So I wanted to know if it's really that slow or if the standards are that much higher. You helped me a lot!

Also, thank you for the comparison pics. Are the ones in your gallery crops or full images? I'm just curious because I can't get them to cover my screen which hasn't even got Full HD. then again I might be doing something wrong If they are crops that would also explain the much lesser sharpness in the X100 ISO 200 shot or is it again me doing something wrong?

This is really helpful, so again thanks for doing it. The daytime pics would be the icing on the cake

BTW, the night shots with the X100 are just georgeous!

Cheers,

Mike

-- hide signature --

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'Simplicate, then add lightness.' - Colin Chapman

Hi Mike, my pleasure if that help.

To see images full size : clic on the link below one of the pictures, you will then have the option to open different sizes of the same picture. Choose the original size. It should work.

Marc

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/ma_muse

mpilon's gear list:mpilon's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow